[Clipart] check it

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Apr 29 01:26:44 PDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> i'm thinking about another method: giving users the choice, offer 3 ways
> to download the entire set:
> - as a single zip (tarball) file;
> - as self-installer (made with MakeSelf)
> - as a special gallery, which show the entire content of the basket

In addition to self-installer (like makeself and/or autopackage), we need
encourage package developers to provide ready-to-use packages for their
operating systems.

It will be convenient and maybe good publicity, if the Debian project
provided a package, FreeBSD provided a port, NetBSD provided it for
pkgsrc, Gentoo provided a Portage ebuild, et cetera.

Who here can create a package, submit it and get it to be available with
their favorite operating system?

When we have a release, I can provide it for FreeBSD and for Pkgsrc
(NetBSD).

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/