DBus Over multiple machines

Jason Keirstead jason.keirstead@Q1Labs.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:45:10 -0400

On December 12, 2003 5:42 pm, Willem Dantuma wrote:
> I submitted a patch about a month ago to add SASL authentication to d-bus

> when the patch is applied you can do something like this:
>
> ------
>
> dbus_bool_t get_username(**username) {
>
>   *username="username";
>
>   return TRUE;
> }
>
> dbus_boot_t get_password(**password( {
>
>   *password="password";
>   return TRUE;
> }
>
> DBusConnection *busConnection = dbus_connection_open( address, &busError
> );
 dbus_connection_set_get_username_function(busConnection,get_username);
> dbus_connection_set_get_password_function(busConnection,get_password);
> dbus_bus_register( busConnection , &busError );

Ok, I get how to set the username and password functions for the connecting
client.

I do not, however, see how I set what usernames and passwords are authorized
on the server end.  Do you have to call something after dbus_bus_register ?

The details on this type of thing are extremely sketchy i the API docs and
examples.

--
Jason Keirstead
Software Developer

506.462.9117 ext. 111 - Office
506.260.0787 - Mobile
1.877.471.5227

jason.keirstead@fredericton.q1labs.com | www.q1labs.com

Do you know what is happening on your network RIGHT NOW?

QVISION - Network Security Intelligence