Newbie Questions

Havoc Pennington hp@redhat.com
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 19:46:00 -0500

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 14:56, Phil Thompson wrote:
> First thing - ViewCVS for the dbus part of the repository seems to be
> broken...

Interesting... I didn't know viewcvs was set up ;-)

> Are there any applications around to play with that implement a D-BUS
> interface?

Not really, only the test apps in the dbus source tree.

> The tutoral talks about well-known services. Is any work being done on
> defining well-known interfaces? For example, my application might want to
> make simple use of a spreadsheet - so I want to access the user's preferred
> spreadsheet and not have to worry which one it is.

I think "preferred spreadsheet" is probably an example of a well-known
service, not an interface. A given service would then conventionally
provide certain interfaces.

> How is the Qt API coming along?

I'll leave that question for Zack or Matthias.

Havoc