Using debug-pipe connections in real apps

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann-dbuslist@litech.org
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:09:54 -0500

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

Hi all,

I'm writing a server app that uses DBus for IPC, and I need to be able to
create DBus connections between the supervisor process and the forked
worker processes.  Right now I'm doing this by creating a DBusServer with
a UNIX socket for the supervisor and having each worker open a
DBusConnection to it, but it would make more sense and be more secure to
create "connection pairs" with sockets that are only created internally.

I see that DBus uses "debug-pipe" connetions for build tests, which are
created using socketpair.  This is exactly what I'd like to use in my app,
but it seems limited to DBus internal debugging.  Could this type of
connection be promoted to a fully-supported DBus feature?  -Nathan

--=20
*** Help filter spam!  PGP-sign your email.
*** Expand your PGP Web of Trust with http://www.biglumber.com/

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--