Roadmap?

David Zeuthen david@fubar.dk
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:45:24 +0200

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 16:26, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Oh, and the method/interface stuff, is that going to be useful in apps
> > not using glib or Qt, e.g. plain C apps?
>
> Well, plain C apps have to use it; whether it's useful, I don't know.
> ;-)

Oh, my bad. Of course it would be useful to know that dbus head is not
backwards compatible with earlier releases :-). It didn't take long to
port my application though...

So simply giving people the IDL for your app is going to be sufficient
in most cases, yes?

Which means, in the context of hal, libhal is not useful for glib, Qt
and python programs. Such programs simply just access the device objects
and a single object at "/" for getting the device objects. Very useful.

Unless object discovery (e.g. give me all objects from service Foo
implementing the org.blah.Bar interface) is supported?

(Sorry for all these questions, I'm simply trying to grasp how the final
dbus will look like..)

Cheers,
David