Goals for 0.3.0

Joe Shaw joeshaw at novell.com
Thu Jul 22 13:27:59 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 22:11 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
> A bootloader update writes the first sector, so we may checksum the
> partition map, but two usb-sticks may have the same. How about "back-
> map" the id's of the first patition, if we have nothing else?
>
> Should I prepare something, that can read the serial numbers of
> ide/scsi-drives we have native access to?

This seems like a good idea to me.

> What about pcmcia-cards, usb-wireless? They don't necessarily have the
> same parent over the time?

Dunno about usb wireless; I don't think we use bus location or anything
like that in the UDI for USB right now... but either way that's
something we'd have to fix in the USB bus code and not in the network
code.  For PCMCIA there's no sysfs stuff there so it goes directly under
computer and uses the mac address.

Joe