Cleaner seperation between user fdi's and system fdi's ?

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Tue Oct 19 07:36:50 PDT 2004

Hi,

  Is there a real reason why system fdi files and user fdi files are currently
  mixed ?

  IMHO it would be a lot clearer for the user if files ment for the user to
  edit are in /etc/hal/fdi and those that are not in /usr/share/hal/fdi. It
  would also make my debian package work somewhat easier :)

  I quickly looked at the code and it seems trivial to first scan
  /usr/share/hal/fdi and then /etc/hal/fdi..

  Sjoerd
--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her.
		-- Sir Francis Bacon