[immodule-qt] Introducing pluggable popup menu

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Wed Aug 4 17:14:07 EEST 2004

Hi all, I've implemented pluggable popup menu feature. Please
review the design and implementation of attached patch.

Recently Kazuki had implemented useful popup menu for
QMultiInputContext to choose input method. But the feature is
dedicated to input method switching of QMultiInputContext and
its decendants. Text widgets are hardcoded to handle
QMultiInputContext.

Other input methods may need such popup menus to provide complex
or graphical operation. Suppose 'Insert Unicode Control Character'
submenu of GTK+. We can implement such feature as ordinary input
method plugin if the pluggable popup menu feature is
available. Or another example, an IM-switcher that does not
inherits QMultiInputContext can provide a menu for
IM-switching. Suppose SCIM immodule with IM-switching feature
that uses SCIM's own IM-switching facility (I'm not saying it's
useful. It's just a example).

So I've generarized the popup menu feature as second
step. QMultiInputContext has been changed as exports
IM-selection menu as generic popup menu. The implementation is
based on Kazuki's. Thanks again for the work.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp