Depending on external libraries

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 11:49:31 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 14:29, Keith Packard wrote:
> We need to learn to stop worrying and love the autotools.

My 2 cents, worth what you paid for it :-)

Imake and autotools BOTH are horrible and nasty. But one is a standard
and used by most of the open source community, the other is used by only
one group and even that tiny handful of experts often tear their hair
out and cuss at it (imake). I've worked with imake ever since Todd
Brunhoff developed it at the beginning of X11. It was a great idea but
was never widely adopted. It's time to move on and learn to swear at a
new tool, but at least you'll have lots and lots of company :-)
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>