[Uim] Implementing Tone-S_PY.scm ?

Jon Babcock jon at kanji.com
Mon May 10 18:17:48 EEST 2004

Once again, I must ask for your help.

With subversion running, I used
'svn checkout http://freedesktop.org:8080/svn/uim/trunk'
to fetch uim-0.3.6.tar.gz and copied all the files from
/trunk/scm to /usr/share/uim on my 'i386' machine running the
latest Debian unstable.

I was able to try uim-pinyin-big5.

I want to try Yukiko Bando's Tone-S_PY.scm which I (1) fetched
from
<http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~apricots/files/Tone-S_PY.scm.tar.bz2>
and copied to my /usr/share/uim directory.

To /usr/share/uim/pyload.scm, I (2) added:

(define pytones-init-handler
   (lambda (id arg)
     (require "Tone-S_PY.scm")
     (let* ((c (find-context id))
            (cc (context-data c)))
       (set-context-data!
        (generic-context-new pytones-rule #f))
       ())))

(generic-register-im
  'pytones "zh_CN" "GB18030" pytones-init-handler)

And as root, I (3) ran  gtk-query-immodules-2.0 >
/etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules

Then I restarted gedit, and 'uim-pytones' does show up as one of
the IME candidates. But Shift Space doesn't toggle it on. I
continue to get the default English IME, not Chinese. What am I
overlooking this time?

Thanks for your patience.

Jon

--