[Uim] Cut/Paste problems with UIM under KDE

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Tue May 11 08:58:24 EEST 2004

Hi,

On Mon, 10 May 2004 21:17:23 +0900
Marc Nino Cellucci <marc at tiger-marmalade.com> wrote:

> I have noticed strange cut-and-paste issues while running UIM.  If I
> try cutting and pasting text between applications (or sometimes within
> the same application), it doesn't work properly.  I usually use the
> standard Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V keys... sometimes, things cut and paste
> correctly... other times, nothing happens.  Sometimes I'm able to
> paste with the middle mouse button, but even that's not consistent.
> The thing is that I can't duplicate it... it seems to be random.
> However, if I disable uim, cutting and pasting works great.

I can't reproduce the bug. First of all, I broke my environment some
days ago, now all KDE applications are not works at all. So I have to
reinstall KDE before testing the bug. I hope other commiters have a time
to test...

FYI:

Using immodule for Qt and quiminputcontext will not cause such problem,
but applying this patch is troublesome a bit. If you have interest for
them, visit URLs below.

* immodule for Qt
http://www.kde.gr.jp/~daisuke/immodule_for_qt/pukiwiki/?ImmoduleForQtDocsForTrolltech

* QUimInputContext