[Uim] Debian package of qt-immodule for Uim is now available!

Kazuki Ohta mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp
Sat May 15 18:54:15 EEST 2004

Hi,

About a year ago, Daisuke-san started developing the immodule feature of Qt.
This enables us to easily switch InputMethod and throw XIM away:-)
I builded Qt with Daisuke's patch, and created the immodule for Uim,
We reported this patch to TrollTech (the company which depelops Qt), but
there's no response from Qt since later.

However, one developer in TrollTech lately informed us that TrollTech is
planning to merge this feature into Qt!yeah!
The very problem they cannnot merge Daisuke's patch into Qt is that the patch
breaks the BC(BinaryCompatibility).
And now, Daisuke created the patch which doesn't break BC.
This aims to imprement the immodule feature in Qt3.x!(stable version).

Then, Iwai-san has packaged the Qt with this patch and immodule for uim in
deb.
Here the debian packages are.

deb http://freedesktop.org/~tkng/quiminputcontextplugin/ sid main

You should install qt and "quiminputcontextplugin", which is the qt-immodule
for uim.

Note that this patch aims only to imprement qt-immodule on Qt"3".x, but lacks
some feature compared to the original one not to break BC, that is to say, it
is the temporal patch for Qt3.x.
We are now developing and discussing for the complete version of qt-immodule
patch, and it will be merged into Qt4.x, which is going to be released in
this summer.

We want to listen to the opinion who is Not Japanese, because our team is
consisted in only Japanese.
So, please try these deb package and report me the problem!

cheers.

Kazuki Ohta : mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp