[Xorg] X.Org release status

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Mon Aug 23 20:41:55 PDT 2004

There are still several technical issues and bugs to be worked out for
the upcoming release, which we feel are important to address but will
not be resolved before the original deadline (25 Aug 2004).  Therefore,
the release wranglers have agreed to slip the release date and remain in
the code freeze, while working out these issues.

We also need much more testing to meet our success criteria.  The
testing matrix, which can be found on the following Wiki page,

    http://wiki.freedesktop.org/XOrg/XorgReleaseStatus

currently has lots of red (i.e., untested platforms).  It would help us
greatly if we could get reports back on the build testing results.  The
status page (above) has instructions on how to perform the build tests.
Note that we encourage you to post successes/failures for any part of
the tests, and it is not necessary to go through the entire testing
procedure before reporting results.

Thank you for your help!