Keeping the Screen Turned off While Getting Inputs

Ahmad Nouralizadeh ahmadnouralizadeh at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 18:16:45 UTC 2023

Thanks Alan and Vladimir!These are very effective clues to help me understand the whole architecture, but I will need some experiments! :D
I may continue with this thread later to ask questions about the main problem discussed here (i.e., turning off the screen), if I find my approach feasible! I think that the kernel structure storing the display state is `struct drm_crtc_state`, particularly, its `enabled` and `active` fields.
There exists a `linux_pm` mailing list which seems to be related to my question. But it seems to be for development purposes, and not for learning! Where do you think I can ask the gpu/power-management related questions at the kernel level?
Regards.