modesetting driver performance drops after screen rotation to 90/180/270

Motghare, Vishnu VishnuMotghare at eaton.com
Thu Feb 1 09:53:28 UTC 2024

I'm using the IMX.6 custom board with the following combination

Linux            -  Mainline 5.15
GPU driver  -  Etnaviv
X Driver        -  xf86-video-modesetting
OpenGL        -  OpenGL ES-CM 1.1 Mesa 23.3.3

When the screen is set to normal mode, the glmark2 performance score is 80.

When the screen rotates to 90/270/180, the glmark2 performance score drops to 19.

Is this a known issue in the modesetting driver?  Or Etnaviv kernel driver? Why does performance drop after screen rotation?

I have also tried with xf86-video-armada driver, I get the blank screen after screen rotation.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank,
Vishnu