The X11R6.7 DDX New World Order

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Mon Apr 26 01:06:01 EST 2004

Hey dudes,
I'm sorry if you're on xserver-commit and still reeling. I'm aware it's
much suckage.

As you've no doubt seen, I just imported the X11R6.7 DDX - Xizzle is no
longer. Instead, there's now hw/xorg, complete with --enable-xorgserver.
And it links - far better than Xizzle's effort when I first imported it.

But it hangs. Dead. And kills my machine. It's either in
RADEONAccelInit, or RADEONDGAInit. (Maybe it's InitAccel and InitDGA -
I'm too tired to care.) If anyone wants to track this down to make the
Xorg binary useful, please feel free.

Right now, tho, you cannot use --enable-kdriveserver and
--enable-xorgserver at the same time. xorg requires Xi and XKB (and has
its own logging stuff), and kdrive doesn't have any of those. So, your
DIX is not universal: xorg and kdrive are mutually exclusive, in terms
of the build environment.

Please, consider this a call for testers and debuggers. I have a
1500-word essay due in a few hours I haven't even started yet, because
I've been debugging, watching my machine hang, committing to CVS over a
modem, etc, etc.

After I've handed in my essay, I have three nights of stuff to go do
(meeting a DD, incredibly rare hip-hop events), and about three months
of sleep to catch up on. Having someone else poke at xorg would make me
really, really happy.

:) d

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>