New DRM model

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh@kernel.crashing.org
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:05:28 +1100

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 07:01, Jon Smirl wrote:
> I have a new version of DRM at bk://mesa3d.bkbits.net/drm
> In it's current form it's 2.6 kernel only. Some support is generic but I've
> mainly be working on an R200. It is still under development with lots of work to
> do.

Nice, but I still need a equivalent of radeonfb for mode setting, which
has to be in the kernel. And fbcon should survive for a while, at least
until there's replacement. Ideally, the new model shouldn't enforce which
of fbcon or userland console one uses.

After discussing with Keith about the mode setting issues (and slowly
recovering from that flu that plagued me all the week-end), I'll start
laying out on a wiki the feature set I have in mind for mode & geometry
management.

Ben.