package xdmcp was not found in the pkg-config

Jaymz Julian jaymz@artificial-stupidity.net
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:12:23 +1100

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 01:59:49AM -0300, Matías wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
>   I'm  trying  to  compile xserver on my Slackware 9.1, but when I run
>   ./configure I get this error, and I don't know how to solve:
>
>   checking for xdmcp ... package xdmcp was not found in the pkg-config
>   search  path.  Perhaps  you  should  add  the  directory  containing
>   'xdmcp.pc'.

did you set PKG_CONFIG_PATH  correctly?  (i.e.$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig)?

also, you did compile things in the exact order specified on the web
site, yea? :) (you should, btw, use the script the have there, it's much
easier :)

	-- jj

--
Jaymz Julian aka A Life in Hell / Warriors of the Wasteland / Unreal
Coder, Visionary, Fat Ass.