Trident driver

Eric Anholt eta@lclark.edu
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:45:21 -0800

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 11:04, Joel Dice wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Eric Anholt wrote:
>
> > The Cyberblade/i1 is somewhat different from the trident that
> > hw/kdrive/trident was written for.  I started working on a driver for
> > the CyberBlade/i1 (I've got one, too), but got stuck with a hang waiting
> > for idle.  The manufacturer provides docs pretty openly I think, but the
> > XFree86 source will probably be your best source of info at first.
>
> Hi Eric.  Would you mind sending me your code, or posting it somewhere?
> I'm sure you've made it further than I have.
>
> Thanks.
>
>  - Joel

Here's what I had written:
http://www.freedesktop.org/~anholt/trident-1.tar.gz

Nothing comes on screen because it gets stuck in idle.  The read from
the status register is giving me 0xffffffff, suggesting to me that I've
got the address wrong or the mmio is not being set up.  I just put the
inb/outb stuff in DrawInit in today trying to get the mmio enabled, but
no luck.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org