kdrive needs /dev/tty0

Keith Packard keithp@keithp.com
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:00:32 +1030

Around 1 o'clock on Jan 15, "Kurt V. Hindenburg" wrote:

> I'm running devfs without devfsd under Linux.  I don't have
> a /dev/tty0.  What would be the equivalent?

I don't know -- kdrive needs to be able to allocate a new virtual terminal
and then to use it, and generally those are /dev/tty%d (where %d is the
console number).  What are your virtual terminals called on your machine?

Once you figure out what the virtual terminals are called, you can easily
whack the source code (hw/kdrive/linux/linux.c) to change the device names
around.

-keith