Xvesa segfaults, Xnvidia says no cards found on a GeForce 4 Go

gtg990h@mail.gatech.edu gtg990h@mail.gatech.edu
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 03:57:29 -0500

> Running /opt/pkgs/fdo/bin/Xnvidia from runlevel 3 directly or via GDM=20
> fails with a "No matching card found!" message.=20
This is because the default Xnvidia binary only checks for the PCI ID of =
a=20
GeForce2. To fix this you have to do two things:=20
=20
1) Find the PCI-ID of your card. You can do this by doing "cat /proc/bus/=
pci/
devices | grep 10de". You should see a number 10deXXX. 10de is the PCI ID=
 for=20
NVIDIA, and the 'XXX' is the PCI ID of your card. =20
=20
2) Open up the file xserver/xserver/hw/kdrive/nvidia/nvidiastub.c in the =
FD.O=20
source tree. Look for the call to 'LinuxFindPci'. The first parameter is =
0x10de=20
and the second is, IIRC, 0x0112. Replace the 0x0112 with 0x0XXX, where XX=
X is=20
the number you found in step 1. On my machine, which also has a GeForce4G=
o, I=20
had to use 0x0174 as the second parameter. =20
=20
After that, Xnvidia should work just fine --- at least, it does on my=20
machine :)=20
=20
=20