VNC server based on kdrive using damage extension?

Michael Torrie torriem@chem.byu.edu
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:08:41 -0700

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 19:28, Mike MacCana wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Matt Jones wrote:
>
> > I think your ignoring the issues - VNC w/ damage would be awesome
> > compared to regular X for a slow connection.
>
> How would it compare to X with modern compression and damage tho?

If tunneled over ssh with a -C to enable compression, In think it just
might be usable.  I've been told ssh tunneling with compression on is
far better than any of the broken attempts at compressing X protocol
thus far.