xserver WIP diffs as I leave

Eric Anholt eta@lclark.edu
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:34:53 -0800

So, I'm going to be leaving to Cuba for 3 months.  I hope to do some
xserver stuff while I'm there (Render, Xtrident, and r128 DRI,
hopefully), but these Radeon WIP diffs aren't going to be of any use to
me.  Maybe someone can clean things up and get them working:

http://pdx.freedesktop.org/~anholt/xserver-r200-composite-2.diff
Hangs the card, but should contain most of the code necessary.

http://pdx.freedesktop.org/~anholt/xserver-radeon-composite-fixes.diff
Shows a lot of corruption.  I'm not sure what's going on, which is part
of why I'm going to work on a render regression test of some sort.  Note
that component alpha will result in a fallback in many cases.  This is
because we can't do the component alpha channels for the OP operation in
hardware (the IN part should work fine), at least how we're setting
things up now.  Someone might want to tell the XFree86 folks about the
component alpha for OP, because they're talking about trying to
accelerate that and not noticing it, it seems.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org