Starting the xserver

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys@hp.com
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:08:12 -0500

http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/XserverInstallGuide

Notes under "Interesting XServer Options":

 o -ac -nolisten tcp if you're getting access denied errors when
    trying to start xterm. Beware this is a security risk, even with
   -nolisten tcp, so don't do it on a multi-user machine. I've heard
   some mention that you won't need this if your machine's hostname
   is set up correctly.