MetaData we need to represent
- embedded in the file/data object contents
- external, provided by filesystem/container
- external, provided by user/annotation apps etc. these maybe stored in e.g. filesystem extended attributes and may be stored in a separate db.
Embedded in the file/data object contents
- author(primary contributor)
- contributor(secondary contributor)
mantainer Author's annotation/categorization of the content
- creation/last modification time
plain-text representation for indexing purposes(not a good fit here, but it's closest) Content legal info:
- license type
license text Content relations to other content:
- conflicts? -- a must for software. do they apply to generic content?
supercedes? Content generator software specifics:
software name(or better yet semantic link :)
software options Content format description/specifics:
encoding/code page(transitional until obsoleted by UTF8).
- format subtype like BMP has or to specify format extensions.
External, provided by filesystem/container
- sample format
- frame count
- FPS Audio
ID3 is designed to tag music Visual
- aspect ratio
- FPS Audio+Video
EXIF is a good base for this ===Documents=== ===Messaging=== Generic message
External, provided by user/annotation apps etc. these maybe stored in e.g. filesystem extended attributes and may be stored in a separate db.
User's annotation of content similar to content author's one. Note: To a degree file name is a part user's annotation.
Quality etc ratings