PulseAudio Meeting: 24th February 2011 (Completed)
- Time: 17:00 UTC (Availability Doodle)
- Location: IRC #pulseaudio-meeting (Freenode)
The meeting was held in two parts 2h + 2h Break + 3h. Many thanks for everyone involved. I appreciate this was a long meeting, but if we do this a bit more regularly, we'll likely have a lot less to discuss next time!
Feb 24 17:08:24 <coling> #startmeeting
Feb 24 17:08:25 <pulsator> Meeting started Thu Feb 24 17:08:25 2011 UTC. The chair is coling. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
Feb 24 17:08:26 <pulsator> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
Feb 24 17:08:47 <coling> #topic PulseAudio Development and Roadmap Meeting
Feb 24 18:58:25 <pulsator> Meeting ended Thu Feb 24 18:58:24 2011 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v0.1.4)
Feb 24 18:58:25 <pulsator> Minutes: http://colin.guthr.ie/meetings/pulseaudio-meeting/2011/pulseaudio-meeting.2011-02-24-17.08.html
Feb 24 18:58:25 <pulsator> Minutes (text):http://colin.guthr.ie/meetings/pulseaudio-meeting/2011/pulseaudio-meeting.2011-02-24-17.08.txt
Feb 24 18:58:25 <pulsator> Log: http://colin.guthr.ie/meetings/pulseaudio-meeting/2011/pulseaudio-meeting.2011-02-24-17.08.log.html
Feb 24 21:02:17 <coling> #startmeeting
Feb 24 21:02:18 <pulsator> Meeting started Thu Feb 24 21:02:17 2011 UTC. The chair is coling. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
Feb 24 21:02:18 <pulsator> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
Feb 24 21:02:32 <coling> #topic PulseAudio Roadmap and Development Meeting Part II
Feb 25 00:01:39 <pulsator> Meeting ended Fri Feb 25 00:01:38 2011 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v0.1.4)
Feb 25 00:01:39 <pulsator> Minutes: http://colin.guthr.ie/meetings/pulseaudio-meeting/2011/pulseaudio-meeting.2011-02-24-21.02.html
Feb 25 00:01:39 <pulsator> Minutes (text):http://colin.guthr.ie/meetings/pulseaudio-meeting/2011/pulseaudio-meeting.2011-02-24-21.02.txt
Feb 25 00:01:39 <pulsator> Log: http://colin.guthr.ie/meetings/pulseaudio-meeting/2011/pulseaudio-meeting.2011-02-24-21.02.log.html
== Agenda ==
- Release Plan/Schedule: When, where, what, who?
- Features: What's going into 1.0?
- Passthrough: What's Left? Approx. time needed?
- D-Bus Protocol: Is it finalised? Approx. time needed?
- Mixer Rewrite (diwic)
- +11dB: Standardising on volume "overdrive"
- Dealing with Profiles, Ports and Virtual Sinks (in GUIs)
- Priority lists
- Per-stream volumes on Source Outputs
- Headphone Jack detection (related to above in some capacity)
- UCM Support
- Orc-ified volume scaling good to pull?
- Specific Patches
* Win32: Can others please ACK Maarten's patches? (is pa_read/write swallowing certain errors (EINTR) OK after <a href="https://github.com/mkbosmans/pulseaudio/commit/821562b9bc8d1a9033daaae0fd5373498a085054">converting to pa_read/write</a>?) *
original mail: https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2010-November/008276.html
* Log Target code (ACK/NAK - Should be quick) *
updated patches: https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2011-February/009094.html
* Infinite Loop in Mainloop *
* LADSPA (two similar patches for multichannel support: Who can review properly?)
- Specific Problems
* Sound Going weird (coling) Is it a PA problem or HDA? `pasuspender echo` fixes it (e.g. close/reopen). Anyone else? *
* D-Bus reconnection issues (stops USB and profile switching from working due to D-Bus Device Reservation failing) *
- Git committers
- Releases (Colin for pavucontrol, For PA stable and even 1.0 still just Lennart?)
- Better (or consistent/reliable) time allocation for the Lennart Resource (e.g. couple hours each week at known times when we can bug you!)
- Future, regular meetings like this?
- IRC (Channel Registration)
- Trac + Website: Server admin.
- Git Repository
- Continuous Automated Build and Integration