Fontconfig Development Snapshots
- Fix bitmap scaling
- Support symbol fonts
- Fix memory leaks
- Fix typos
- Fix SIGFPE
- Observe blanks to compute languages in fc-query/fc-scan
- Fix symbol cmap handlingn
- Fix build issues on some platforms
- Hardcode blanks in library
- Don't add FC_LANG when it has "und"
- Add missing description for properties in document.
- Fix an error on make check
- Support the size specific design selection in OS/2 table version 5
- Rebase ja.orth against Joyo kanji characters
- Allow the modification on FcTypeVoid with FcTypeLangSet and FcTypeCharSet
- Update CaseFolding.txt and blanks to Unicode 7.0
- Increase the refcount in FcConfigSetCurrent()
- Update aliases for new URW fonts
- Add an option --error-on-no-fonts to fc-cache to make a fail if no fonts found in a dir.
- Deprecate FC_HASH and don't compute it
- Remove U+3164 HANGUL FILLER from ko.orth
- Change the charset parse/unparse format to be human readable
- Decode MacRoman encoding in name table without iconv
- Use lang=und instead of lang=xx for "undetermined"
- Add FC_WEIGHT_DEMILIGHT and change from 65 to 55
- Add FC_COLOR
- Treat color fonts as scalable
- Fix the buffer overflow in copying PS name
- Bump the cache version to 5
- and many bug fixes...
- Fix a crash
- Fix the parser to ignore the leading whitespaces in the parameter
- Fix portability issues
- Fix the behavior of intermixed test and edit elements in match
- Auto migration for XDG Base Directory Specification
- Match on FC_SCALABLE and FC_FONTFORMAT
- Add quz.orth
- Bug fixes
- New objects support in FcPattern
- The cache version bumped to 4
- Support intermixed edit and test elements
- Support delete and delete_all mode in edit element
- Add --sysroot option to fc-cache
- Improve portability
- and more bug fixes
- Make fontconfig thread-safe
- Use O_CLOEXEC to open a file
- Fix portability issues
- new tool, fc-validate to check the glyph coverage against the language
- Deprecate FcName(Un)RegisterObjectTypes() and FcName(Un)RegisterConstants()
- User-defined numerical expressions support in the matrix element
- Add new rule to scale the bitmap font and enabled by default
- more bug fixes
- Fix the build issues on Win32
- Deprecate FC_GLOBAL_ADVANCE
- Stop annoyed warnings regarding to the deprecated config path.
Various bug fixes and feature enhancements is included. the summary of the changes since 2.9 is:
- CACHEDIR.TAG support
- configurable fontconfig paths
elements in the alias element
- Allow matching the font file name
- Disable iconv support by default, which was used to provide a feature to convert non-Unicode SFNT names to UTF-8
- Add "namelang" object to obtain the localized name of the family, style and fullname
- Add FONTCONFIG_USE_MMAP environment variable to control the mmap usage from outside fontconfig
- Add "ignore-blanks" attribute to
- XDG Base Directory Specification support
- Warn if the multiple values is set to
- Fix cache aging for fonts on FAT filesystem
- Reflect the default language to the pattern to obtain the best font
FcConfigUpToDate had some bugs rendering it useless. Thanks to Lubos Lunak for fixes. Also, picky C compilers whined about a spurious comma in an enum. The bits are available here. The ChangeLog since 2.2.95 is available here.
Fontconfig was using MIN/MAX/ABS macros that happened to come from FreeType. FreeType 2.1.8 (wisely) prefixes those names with FT_ now. Fontconfig was changed to have it's own versions of these macros (FC_MIN/FC_MAX/FC_ABS) to avoid problems in the future. A few other minor changes are included in this release. The bits are available here. The ChangeLog since 2.2.94 is available here.
Fontconfig 2.2.93 was packaged with a broken version of libtool. That's the only change for fontconfig 2.2.94. The bits are available here.
Fontconfig 2.2.90 is the first snapshot in the 2.3 release cycle. The bits are available here