[Clipart] checkin: ccHost 2.0 RC prep

Victor Stone lists at fourstones.net
Thu Mar 16 15:26:19 PST 2006

This check in represents what is hopefully ccHost v2 RC.

I did a clean install on what's in CVS and found some (to be expected)
minor bugs but otherwise things are humming along. (It would be greatly
appreciated if some folks on this this did the same.)

I've updated the installer scripts and I'm definitely open for feedback
as I'm veering off into ccHost when I'm doing this stuff (I did not
update the general README or NEWS)

- In INSTALL.TXT I noticed a heavy emphasis on a UNIX based install
where users have access to a UNIX command line and have CREATE DATABASE
rights in mySQL. This is simply too much to assume for the vast majority
of shared hosts web sites where often is the case that the hosting
services gives them neither. So I split the install instructions into
two sections "Simple" and "Advanced" with notes for both.

- I removed ALL mention of phpBB from the installer. At this point it
buys us no features and nothing but heartache. I did put a note into the
'UPGRADE' section to contact me for the import script. (We'll see how
many folks take me up on that.)

After I get (just a little more) sleep I'll write up a 'new features'
list to be included in the release and on the WIKI.

Other notes:

Per ccMixter user request I've added a quick and dirty 'archives'
feature, mentioned here:
http://ccmixter.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10631#10631

I think the ratings admin panel is done.

VS

------- change log ----------

2006-03-16  fourstones
   * INSTALL.TXT 1.15:
   * cc-install-db.php 1.31:
   * cc-install-intro.php 1.5:
   * index.php 1.26:
   * cclib/cc-defines.php 1.43:
     2.0 RC installation

   * cclib/cc-user.php 1.39:
     bugfix: lastknownip was not being saved properly

   * cclib/cc-template.php 1.17:
     skins name is only to first '-'

   * cclib/cc-ratings.php 1.24:
     bugfix: ratings chart blew up with no uploads in db
     security: wups: logged in users could manage ratings

   * cclib/cc-ratings-admin.inc 1.3:
     bugfix: saving ratings settings was broken
     bugfix: incorrect path to reviewee upload page

   * ccextras/cc-format.php 1.7:
     ui: need unformatted version of edpick

   * cclib/cc-login.php 1.24:
     ui: no longer hiding security text edit

   * cctemplates/skin-simple-topics.css 1.1:
     topics skin (just include ccmixters)

   * cclib/cc-menu.php 1.17:
     typo

   * cclib/cc-ratings-admin.inc 1.2:
     bugfix: not handling slashes properly

2006-03-15  fourstones
   * cclib/cc-sync.php 1.3:
     bugfix: don't average in unrated songs

   * ccextras/cc-archive.php 1.2:
     added bread crumbs

   * ccextras/cc-archive.php 1.1:
     new feature: monthly archive

   * cclib/cc-template.php 1.16:
     dump errors if admin is logged in

   * cctemplates/skin-ccmixter-topics.css 1.3:
     missing header

   * cclib/cc-ratings-admin.inc 1.1:
   * cclib/cc-ratings.php 1.23:
     refactored and cleaned up ratings admin

   * cclib/cc-remix.php 1.32:
   * cclib/cc-upload.php 1.29:
     bugfix: some file errors were not getting back to upload forms

2006-03-15  fourstones
   * cclib/cc-sync.php 1.3:
     bugfix: don't average in unrated songs

   * ccextras/cc-archive.php 1.2:
     added bread crumbs

   * ccextras/cc-archive.php 1.1:
     new feature: monthly archive

   * cclib/cc-template.php 1.16:
     dump errors if admin is logged in

   * cctemplates/skin-ccmixter-topics.css 1.3:
     missing header

   * cclib/cc-ratings-admin.inc 1.1:
   * cclib/cc-ratings.php 1.23:
     refactored and cleaned up ratings admin

   * cclib/cc-remix.php 1.32:
   * cclib/cc-upload.php 1.29:
     bugfix: some file errors were not getting back to upload forms

2006-03-14  fourstones
   * forum/templates/cchost/posting_body.tpl 1.5:
     ui: re-supress smiley junk