[Clipart] New Feature: Collections Batch Add/Remove

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Sat May 7 08:39:31 PDT 2011

This is outstanding! Could youpost this on our ping.FM account please.

jon at fabricatorz.com
http://fabricatorz.com
On Apr 28, 2011 6:52 PM, "Brad Phillips" <brad at bradphillips.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I wanted to let you all know about an update to the Collections system
that I've been working on for the last few weeks.

> Firstly, if you don't know about Collections, they are basically groups of
clipart that you can create on the site & are organized & managed via your
user profile page. Previously, when you wanted to create a new Collection,
you would need to first find a clip art that you were interested in
collecting, select the '+Collect' button & go through a series of forms.
I've just recently added a form to the user profile page (just under your
Collections list) where you can add new Collections without having to have
first selected a clip art to collect.

> Secondly, and most importantly, I've made great strides to try and
simplify the process of adding clip art to your Collections. Previously, you
had to first find the clip art you wanted to add to a Collection, then
navigate to the detail page, then go through several more forms to get the
magic to happen. Without a doubt, adding clip art in this way became arduous
and time consuming. We needed to find a better way!

> Enter the 'Actions' bar. If you have at least one created Collection & you
search for clipart (using the search bar on the OCAL home page). You'll
notice a new bar just below the main navigation on the search results page.
This bare can help you speed up the process of adding clipart to
Collections.

> Simply click 'Collect' under the 'Actions' heading. Your last 5 Collection
Titles will load into the bar (limited to last 5 at present for testing
purposes). Next, select the Collection Title that you want to add new clip
art to. From here, wait a moment as the search results reload. Once the
results refresh, you'll notice 'Add' or 'Remove' buttons corresponding to
each clip art on the search results section (depending on if a particular
clipart is currently in the selected Collection or not). From here, feel
free to click on any clipart in the search results to add or remove clip art
directly from the results page!

> I've been testing this for a while now, but I need your help to make sure
this works as it should for all OCAL users. Please report any issues you
find on our project launchpad (http://launchpad.net/openclipart).