This is a collaboration space for distributions to share ideas and discuss common issues.
Email: Mailing List
IRC: irc.freenode.net ##distros
Right now, there's only a little content in this wiki. So we can link it all to the front page. As we generate more content, we'll have to organize things better.
- ConflictingFiles is a page to coordinate distribution renames of files upstream provides. These renames are caused because the file exists in more than one package at a time. Coordinating these renames reduces end-user confusion by making the renames the same across distributions where possible.
- ContactingPackagers documents ways to contact specific packagers in other distributions.
- WhyUpstream documents why we should encourage all our packagers to upstream their changes.
- DistributionLocations where to find BTSs, VCSs, patches amongst other things.
- Meetings lists cross-distro meetings, and links to their conclusions.
- AppStream: cross-distro umbrella project for a great user experience when finding and installing applications
Related external resources
- Per-vendor information on how to locate patches
- Per-vendor security contacts, advisories, bug trackers
- Open Source Software Security (oss-security) Wiki
- oss-security mailing list
- oCERT (Open Source Computer Emergency Response Team)
- xvendor (cross-vendor) mailing list - currently on hold in favor of the Distributions list