This page is part of the OpenRaster file format description.
Draft OpenRaster Specification
Every OpenRaster file is compliant to Baseline.
This intent is for exchange between applications and it is allowed to have custom extensions in such a file.
This intent is for long-term archival and does not allow any application specific extensions. It places additional restrictions on the Baseline Intent.
- Still under discussion.
Extensions / Modules
This describes optional features that are not part of baseline. Extensions should have published working code, and be supported in more than one OpenRaster-aware application.
- Layer Selection Status - load and save layer selection state
- Layer Edit Locking Status - load & save layer immutability state
Proposals and Application Specific Extensions
Those might move to the Extensions after discussion. Application developers are invited to create a wiki entry here and develop it. At some point it might be proposed for inclusion to the Extensions through the Create mailing list.
- Effects Specification
- Embed Fonts (Proposal to extension)
- Multiple pages
- Animation support using multiple pages and a timer like PSD do
- Undo-history support undo/history of commands/actions like PSD do
- PNG data requirements