[patch] wireless patch, take 2

Robert Love rml at ximian.com
Thu May 27 12:41:23 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 15:36 -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:

> As you pointed out before, just setting a property is a little icky; you
> can set a value and not have it actually mean anything.

Well, I pointed that out before in response to having HAL use callouts
to set the properties (e.g., we don't actually change much from today).

Now I am suggesting that HAL actually have side effects to certain
properties and go out and set them on _its own_.

E.g., I do a hal_device_set_property() on a device's ESSID and then HAL
goes out and tries to change the ESSID.  The property is changed iff HAL
changes the property physically.

So there is no disconnect between HAL and reality.

	Robert Love