basedir-spec issue

Laszlo Peter Laszlo.Peter at Sun.COM
Tue May 11 02:49:32 EEST 2004

We're going way off topic here, but
export LDFLAGS="--rpath=$libdir" (or '${ORIGIN}/../lib')
before you build has [almost] the same effect as setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to $libdir every time you run the build.
Except that the latter also affects every other binary
and may cause nasty conflicts, even security issues if
done incorrectly.

Laca