Trident driver

Eric Anholt eta@lclark.edu
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:36:52 -0800

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 11:09, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Eric Anholt wrote:
>
> >for idle.  The manufacturer provides docs pretty openly I think, but the
>
> That hasn't been my experience.  Alan Hourihane is the only
> person I'm aware of that has managed to squeeze documentation out
> of Trident.  I tried to get docs about 2 years ago, but had a bad
> experience, and never bothered to try again since then.  Perhaps
> things are different now however and it's worth trying again.

OK, I meant for this specific chipset.  I had been handed the docs
earlier without even an NDA, and at some point at least they were
publicly available on VIA's website.

Ah, here:
http://www.viavpsd.com/product/Download.jsp?motherboardId=21

If we can get the 2d working, I'd be interested in hooking up Blend
acceleration for it.  That would increase my motivation to figure out
how to do general Composites using two Blend stages and a scratch area,
too.  Maybe I'll dig my broken 2d code out now and see if I can find
obvious errors.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org