XServer Effects on Fedora

itageek@shaw.ca itageek@shaw.ca
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:31:47 -0700

Greetings to all!

I am currently running Fedora Core 1 on a computer with a AGP 32mb Radeon 7000 Video Card. I would like to run the Freedesktop.org XServer for the shadows and transparent menus.

I used the script found on Freedesktop.org, and it compiled just fine, however, it installed itself to /opt/fdo or something. The Xserver didn't start as I thought it would.

How can I install this Xserver to become my main server for this computer? I want to have the shadows and etc (transparent menus) available for the entire system, I am currently running Gnome and I've seen screenshots of Fedora 1 with Gnome and the effects, so I know it is possible.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Keven Tipping