xserver-inst2.sh fails

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel@free.fr
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:29:38 +0100

Le mer 21/01/2004 =E0 23:47, Nicolas Souchu a =E9crit :
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 07:45:04PM +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > Le mer 21/01/2004 =E0 19:15, Michel D=E4nzer a =E9crit :
> [...]
> > Yes, it's an otherwise pretty std environment, methink.
> > Though there are several candidates for automake & friends, what
> > versions do you have installed (say, for libtool, automake & autoconf) =
?
>=20
> autoconf-2.57
> automake-1.7
> aclocal-1.7

OK, I just made a bit of cleanup, and now have:
automake (and aclocal) 1.7.9
autoconf 2.59
libtool 1.5a

Even without using xserver-inst2.sh, I have this problem with Xdmcp:
[xav@bip:~/Xserver/Xdmcp]$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=3D/home/xav/Xserver/instal=
l_dir
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal  --output=3Daclocal.m4t
aclocal: configure.ac: 39: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

So it seems the bug is just in Xdmcp's autogen.sh. If I try to replace
AM_PROG_LIBTOOL with AC_PROG_LIBTOOL and comment out
AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL in configure.ac, it still complains about "possibly
undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL". At this point I'm still lost, and I
find the learning curve of autotools is too steep.

BTW I found a buglet in xserver-inst2.sh: at lines 14 and 56 it defines
a shell variable $HOME, which I'm sure may cause problems with the shell
default's $HOME=3D/home/username ...

	Xav