FreeBSD? [was: compiling, ltmain.sh not found]

Nicolas Souchu nsouch@free.fr
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:33:27 +0000

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 04:38:38PM -0800, Eric Anholt wrote:
[...]
> I've spent a lot of time fighting with autotools both with this project
> and glide on FreeBSD.  Usually for fd.o stuff I just roll a distfile
[...]

I finally found the same tricks.

> We need a vesa driver for FreeBSD (using the kernel's VESA support, I
> expect, as I was utterly defeated in my attempts to use vm86 for it).
> We also need a keyboard driver.  The linux mouse driver should work
> fine, I expect.  At that point we should have the current accelerated
> drivers working.

The GGI linux driver works, xserver one's should also.

Sorry, but what's the relationship between VESA and:
"At that point we should have the current accelerated drivers working"

> While on our family vacation the last few days, I got working on
> whacking hw/kdrive/vesa into using the kernel's VESA support for mode
> setting.  I think it's pretty close, at least for the modes people

Do you use libvgl?

> actually want to be using.  If KGI could be integrated for FreeBSD and
> provide us with a better solution, that would be excellent.

Yes, with kdriver graphic drivers compiled in the kernel as KGI suggests
it.

Any IRC channel about xserver/kdrive?

Nicholas

--